Learning a new discipline and starting to practice it so far we had always done it through traditional schools, through face-to-face assistance and direct contact with the tutor or teacher of that activity.
But the world evolves and with it also the human being and the technology that we have developed, putting it at the mercy of our interests, offering a multitude of remote services, which before it was unthinkable to carry out.
This is the case of yoga, an ancient discipline that has more and more followers and practitioners. However, something so beneficial and stimulating for people”s lives is not always easy to carry out and put into practice, either due to lack of time, distance to a yoga center close to home or work center, or because we are forced to travel often. Whatever the case, the truth is that if technology is at our service, let”s take advantage and get the most out of it.
What if you have never practiced yoga? Is it dangerous to get into it without a teacher on top of you getting high? That is the idea of the Yoga for Beginners program: practices designed for all those initiates who are completely unaware of yoga, arranged so that the student can gradually learn all the keys they need to develop their own practice.
These would be some fundamental recommendations to keep in mind when practicing yoga at home as beginners:
- Choose a quiet space where to practice, without stimuli or distractions, that allows us to fully immerse ourselves in the instructions of the teacher who guides the class.
- Turn off the telephone, the television, the radio … all those devices that may interfere during class. We must assume that we have brought the school home.
- Tell the people who live with you that you are going to practice and need a time of recollection and silence.
- Wear comfortable clothing and a yoga mat or blanket.
- Try to practice on an empty stomach and bladder. Ideally, two to three hours after eating.
- Once we have taken the step of learning yoga, invest in all the accessories you will need: cushions, a blanket, a fabric belt, a chair … and have them close during your practice in case you need them.
- Watching the chosen video first is a good option to know what poses will be done and if it suits what you need at this time.
- Breathe calmly and consciously, if possible with the diaphragm, that is, swelling and deflating the abdomen with breathing.
- Always listen to the body. Without forcing him, not going beyond where he allows you. Observation is very important to avoid unnecessary injury.
- It is not advisable to skip relaxation, it is very important to integrate the practice and receive all its benefits.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.