No matter how much you diet, can you never lose weight? This is because you are surely following eating habits that do not quite fit with your personal needs and requirements and, therefore, your efforts are not being rewarded. First, we must bear in mind that not all people are the same and, therefore, although there are generalized weight loss parameters, they may not be suitable for you. Therefore, it is important that you go to a nutritionist to do an analysis and determine the best foods for you. In this article we tell you why you can”t lose weight and we give you some solutions so you can lose those extra pounds.
Steps to follow:
1. Many times we think that eating less is synonymous with losing weight and for this we eliminate some food of the day but this is a mistake. Stopping eating is not the solution but it only makes you arrive at the next meal hungrier, in addition to slowing down your metabolism. Therefore, in order to lose weight you have to divide your day into 5 meals:
- Mid morning
- Mid afternoon
Of course: not any type of food is recommended, but you have to opt for low-fat and healthy products that satisfy your hunger but contain hardly any calories. In the middle of the morning and mid-afternoon, the most appropriate thing is to have fruit of the season or a skimmed yogurt.
2. There are no magic diets. Losing weight is not an easy thing that can be achieved overnight. To lose those extra kilos and maintain that loss for a while, you have to become aware and change your habits. Following a balanced and healthy diet, while starting to do some exercise are the pillars to lose weight. In general, we discover some tricks that will help you lose weight:
- Diet rich in fruits and vegetables: these are foods that provide us with a large amount of nutrients and vitamins without containing calories.
- Low-fat proteins: you should choose to consume lean meats (chicken, turkey or rabbit), white fish and eggs to lose weight in a healthy way. Keep in mind that proteins are very good for our body to have energy and, if we choose these that we have indicated, you will achieve that they hardly provide you with fat.
- Light recipes: obviously you have to stop cooking with too much oil (no fried or battered) and opt for healthy dishes such as baked or grilled. Sauces should not be taken either if you want to lose weight.
- Whole carbohydrates: if you want to lose weight you must be careful when eating carbohydrates. Above all, these should be made from whole wheat flour (because they are rich in fiber and refined ones do not contain any nutrients, only sugar) and they should never be eaten at dinner time because they are stored in the body as saturated fat.
- Eating light dinner: it is also one of the essential tricks to lose weight and that is that during the night our body prepares to rest so if you fill it with calories it will not digest them or take advantage of this energy, thus, they remain stored as saturated fat.
3. Burn more than you eat. You have to eliminate the calories you have taken during the day. There is a maxim that is very clear: if you spend more than you earn, you will not gain weight, so you have to avoid sedentary lifestyle and inactivity. Therefore, it is recommended that you go to the gym 3 to 4 times weekly to burn the extra energy that is in your body and that, if you do not burn it, it will end up turning into fat.
In this sense, it should be noted that it is recommended to practice, above all, cardiovascular exercises(running, swimming, cycling, etc.) since they are activities that promote the burning of fat and help us activate the metabolism. However, it is also recommended that you do some toning exercises to get your muscles stronger.
4. If after following these habits that we have indicated, you are still unable to lose weight, your health problem may be, that is, there are people who are intolerant to certain foods and who do not digest them correctly, so it would be fine that you take a food intolerance test so that you understand what foods your body needs specifically.
In addition, here we also recommend that you go to a doctor to rule out that your weight problem has nothing to do with health-related disorders, such as a problem with the thyroid (the gland that controls and regulates weight). If this is your situation, in this article we will tell you how to lose weight with a slow thyroid.
This article is merely informative, here we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.