Training gives the muscle the stimulus needed to develop, but this is only part of the process. Then comes the recovery, which is the moment when the muscle mass really develops, while recovering for the next training session. To perform a good workout, we should not go to it without having taken the necessary food to avoid fatigue. A frequent mistake is to skip breakfast and simply eat something later.
What to eat after training
The term training is very broad, because not everyone trains in the same way or at the same intensity; this is because not everyone trains for the same reasons. Depending on the objective you are looking for, you will carry out one type of training, in the same way, depending on that objective you must have a diet or another, and your body will need certain nutrients:
- If what we want is to increase the volume of the muscles we willneed proteins and carbohydrates to stimulate hypertrophy.
- If we seek to lose weightwe must prioritize foods with protein and foods with little sugar and that are slowly absorbed so that our body keeps burning fat.
Next, we will explain in different sections what to eat after training depending on the objective you have in mind, we will also explain what you should eat if you train at night, a situation that presents many questions to many people.
For example, this is a list of foods to eat after training, but remember that depending on the objective, one type or another will suit you.
- Two tortilla eggs, scrambled or grilled.
- Two bananas.
- A large glass of milk.
- A tuna sandwich.
- A protein shake if you want to add carbohydrates, it is good to opt for oatmeal shakes.
What to eat after exercising to increase muscle mass
If the goal of your training is hypertrophy and increase muscle mass you must follow a different diet than you would if you wanted to lose weight. In this case, apart from the water, you should eat fast-absorbing proteins and refrain from sugars to help maximize protein synthesis.
This meal should be given between half an hour and 2 hours after finishing the training. Here are some examples of food for after training and increasing muscle mass:
- A banana along with a milk basin.
- A glass of milk and 1 tablespoon of cocoa.
- An orange juice with protein powder.
- Yogurt with honey and oatmeal. Oatmeal is a very successful cereal to drink regularly, as it brings great benefits.
What to eat after training at night
In a society as fast and stressful as today, many people cannot enjoy all the time they want to be able to train, so they have no choice but to exercise once they leave work; in the afternoon or at night. These people have a recurring question, what to eat after training at night?
First of all, keep in mind that the post-workout meal is one of the most important of the day, especially if you do strength exercises or interval training. When practicing these efforts in your muscles, small cracks or breaks of fibers are made, by the synthesis of proteins, which need to be repaired through the proteins that you provide with your diet.
Another important aspect is that of glycogen, because with exercise you consume the sugar stores that are present in your muscles, a situation that you can only reverse through food.
The best food for after a workout is a mixture of carbohydrates and proteins, but people who train late may have doubts about what happens if they eat it before going to sleep, when your body uses few sugars and transforms them into fat. The solution is easy, change the order of dinner with that of the snack. That is, make a stronger and stronger intake two hours before training, with carbohydrates and proteins and after training make a light dinner with carbohydrates in small quantities or without carbohydrates, if you are looking to lose weight.
What to eat after training to lose weight
On the other hand, if you want to burn fat to lose weight you do not need solids that give you energy immediately, while you do need plenty of water to eliminate toxins and stimulate sweat.
Your meal should be between 1 and 2 hours after training, preferring those slow digestion products, so that the body continues to use fats for energy.
Thus, some advisable preparations to eat after training and burning fat are:
- An apple with skin.
- Skimmed yogurt with chopped fruit.
- A glass of milk with a small handful of nuts.
- A glass of milk with some oatmeal.
- Half sandwich of whole wheat bread with fresh cheese and / or turkey breast.
What to do after training – tips
Now that you know some of the best foods to choose from if you were wondering what to eat after training, we give you more tips on what to do after training.
- Once you have finished your training, the best option is to ingest something in the 45 minutes afterits completion, because it is during this period that your body is able to better assimilate all the nutrients.
- But beyond food, there is something essential after training that many people overlook: rehydrate. Drinking water is essentialto replenish all the fluids that have been lost after training, among the benefits of drinking we find that it serves to replenish all the fluid that has been lost during training, to facilitate our body to eliminate toxins and wastes and return glycogen stores to our muscles.
- That you have exercised does not mean that you can now eat anything you want or swell to eat, if you do not go carefully you can end up eating more calories than you have burned during training.
- It”s normal for you to feel like eating fatty foods, but it”s something you should avoid if you don”t want to spoil all your effort. To avoid this, a good option is to carry in your sports bag some fruit, cereals, nuts or yogurtto make a first bite after training and prevent hunger from making you make a mistake.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.