New York, a city with an infinite number of proposals for all tastes, is one of the most popular destinations for tourists from the rest of the world. It is essential to plan a trip to New York correctly so that everything goes well and the stay is unforgettable. We must pay special attention to the climate of this North American city, since it changes throughout the year. For this reason, we explain in more detail what is the best time to travel to New York.
Steps to follow:
1. First of all, it should be noted that the best time to travel to New York will largely depend on the objective of your trip. By this we mean that if you want to visit the city to see all its tourist attractions, you should probably travel in a certain period; But if what you want is to take advantage of it to make purchases, it is better that you do it in a certain season; And if you want to experience the more traditionally American Christmas, you know when to go…
2. Likewise, it is important to bear in mind that the weather varies greatly depending on the season and time of year, which is why New York is characterized by very cold winters -from December to March- with snowfalls included; while the summers – between June and September – are hot and the high humidity increases the feeling of embarrassment.
3. In this way, if you don”t like being cold or can”t stand the heat, the best thing you can do is visit New York in the spring or fall. In both seasons the temperatures are moderate and therefore more pleasant.
4. It is also important to know that a cyclone or hurricane season is established annually in the Atlantic that directly affects New York City. It varies every year, for example this 2013 has been decreed from June to November, so it will be necessary to check the forecast before planning our trip to this city.
5. In case you want to know Christmas in the American style, traveling to New York will be a fantastic idea. You can enjoy the Christmas decorations throughout its streets or witness the countdown to the New Year in Times Square. But it should be noted that you should bring warm clothes and be prepared for the low temperatures of December.
6. If your goal is to visit one of the largest cities in the United States to go shopping, you can take advantage of what is known as ” Black Friday “: the day that the Christmas shopping season begins. This takes place the day after Thanksgiving, that is, it is celebrated on the fourth Friday of November. Most shops and department stores offer great deals and promotions that you won”t want to miss.
7. On the other hand, it should be noted that the lowest season to travel to New York is usually during the months of January and February, after Christmas is over. In this way, you can take the opportunity to travel then and find better deals on hotels in New York, but always well prepared against the cold.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.