After iron, zinc is the second trace element with the highest concentration in our body, despite this it is possible to have a deficit if we do not ingest it properly through our diet. Its deficiency causes important health problems, especially due to the weakening of our immune system that is left at the mercy of infections and diseases. Here we explain the symptoms of a lack of zinc and the consequences of this deficiency on your health.
Steps to follow:
1. The zinc serves several key functions in our body, being necessary to maintain our overall health. Its presence is essential for the immune system to function properly, protecting our body against infections and diseases, but it is also important for:
- Cell division and growth.
- The adequate healing of our skin.
- The good metabolism of carbohydrates.
- In children it is essential to guarantee adequate growth.
- In pregnancy it is required to ensure a good development of the fetus.
- In addition, it is essential to guarantee the proper functioning of the senses of taste and smell.
2. Incorporating foods rich in zinc into our diet, such as sunflower or sesame seeds, red meat or dark chocolate, is essential to receive all its benefits. However, a poor intake can have as consequences various symptoms that affect our general health and can lead to the appearance of various diseases.
3. The symptoms of zinc deficiency are:
- Weakened immune system, which is why the person frequently presents infections and diseases.
- Problems with the sense of taste and smell, the ability to taste or smell are reduced.
- Hair loss.
- In the case of men, little production of male hormones which leads to a low libido.
- Bad healing.
- In children, growth problems.
- Sores on the skin
- Difficulty seeing in the dark.
4. The symptoms of a lack of zinccan lead to various health problems that can compromise our well-being, so if you are aware that you are on a diet in which foods rich in this trace element are absent or very little present, it is important to visit your doctor for a complete review and appropriate treatment in order to include this element in your day to day effectively.
This article is merely informative, here we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.