Natural diuretics are the best allies to prevent fluid retention and help us avoid the inflammation and discomfort caused by this condition. They are also excellent allies to promote weight loss and help us maintain our figure. But what foods and medicinal plants have these properties? Here we explain what natural diuretics are and how you can get the most out of them.
Steps to follow:
1. Among the natural diuretics, fruits are an excellent alternative. Full of nutrients and vitamins, they serve to refresh us, to help us fight thirst and also to eliminate liquids.
The most popular diuretic fruits are:
- Pineapple, an excellent ally for a diet rich in antioxidants
- Melon , rich in vitamin A and E
- Watermelon , a great purifier full of nutrients
- Blueberries known to prevent urethral problems and cure urine infections
- Oranges, mandarins and grapefruits, full of vitamin C, provide a good dose of liquid to our body
2. But not only fruits can help us eliminate fluid, vegetables are also excellent natural diuretics. They stand out among them:
- Asparagus , which benefit the proper functioning of our kidneys
- Brussels sprouts, which help us prevent fluid retention by promoting the elimination of toxins
- Lettuce, the undoubted star of salads, is a great natural diuretic due to its water content
- Cucumbers, high in liquid and very low in calories
- The artichoke, an excellent ally for weight loss
- Tomatoes that stimulate the kidneys and help eliminate fluids
- Beets and carrots, excellent allies to promote the elimination of fat
- In addition, among the natural diuretics we cannot overlook medicinal plants and infusions, such as green tea, horsetail, dandelion, fennel, bay leaf or nettle. All are excellent alternatives to avoid fluid retention and scribble our health.
This article is merely informative, here we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.