Discover how to take advantage of the properties of the egg when applying it to different types of hair, dry, normal and oily, to restore their health and beauty. Egg is a super food. Its nutritional values make it essential in a balanced and healthy diet. Also, its high content of nutrients allows it to be used topically for natural hair care.
Find out in this article how you can use the egg to improve hair health.
The egg as an ingredient
Eggs are a healthy, complete and balanced food that provides a good amount of protein. It has the advantages of animal protein but it is smoother, healthier and more digestive.
In addition, it is an interesting ingredient to prepare natural and home remedies for skin, hair and nails.
Why is egg good for hair?
The following nutrients in eggs are beneficial for hair, whether we consume them or apply them:
- Proteins: They ensure a good capillary structure so that the hair is strong and voluminous.
- Fatty acids: Nourish hair to combat dry, frizzy hair and split ends.
- Folic acid(vitamin B 9) and iron: They prevent hair loss.
- Zinc: Necessary for strong hair.
- Biotin (vitamin B 7): One of the best vitamins for hair health, according to this study conducted by the Children”s Hospital of Philadelphia (United States).
By using the egg as a hair product instead of other conventional products, we also avoid some components such as silicone, parables or sulfates. These products provide an apparent hydration in the moment. However, in the long term they dry out, irritate or weaken the hair, as well as being harmful to health.
Yolk for dry hair
The egg yolk is very beneficial for dry, damaged hair with a tendency to split ends. When applied frequently, it provides hydration, shine, softness and fights frizz.
We can take advantage of the yolk in three different ways:
- If we usually use a conventional shampoo and we have very dry hair, we can use the egg yolk daily. We only have to mix the shampoo with the yolk. In this way we get a cleansing, foaming but more nourishing shampoo.
- Egg yolk can be an excellent conditioner for dry hair, as it leaves it soft and hydrated. However, so that there are no traces or odor of eggs, we recommend using it before shampooing. You will achieve an ideal effect and the hair will be clean as after each wash.
- As a more intensive treatment, you can prepare a nourishing mask with egg yolk combined with some vegetable oil (coconut, almond, jojoba, olive, argon). It is applied all over the hair and is left to act for at least half an hour.
Clear for oily hair
In the case of oily hair, it is best to use the white, since it is rich in enzymatic proteins, B vitamins and selenium, among other nutrients.
The clear has the virtue of regulating the production of sebum on the scalp. It can also be beneficial for treating dandruff and for giving hair strength, according to this study from the West Pomeranian University of Technology in Czechs, which links its intake with less hair loss.
- To use the white we recommend beating it a little before applying it before washing. Let it act for 20 minutes.
- To wash the hair after using the white we must always do it with warm or fresh water. If we use hot water, the white could become solid and get tangled between the hairs.
Whole egg for normal hair
Normal hair can receive the nutrients from both the white and the yolk very well, since both are very balanced to provide what the hair needs.
- We will only have to beat the egg, apply it all over the hair and let it act for at least 20 minutes.
- You can apply this mask once a week.
In this way, each type of hair takes advantage of the properties of the egg to look radiant and strong.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.