Prasarita means ‘separate”, Pada “foot”. Prasarita Padottanasana – Separate standing clamp stretches the hamstrings widens the groin. The arch of the foot is raised and blood flow to the chest increases. It is a good alternative to Sirshasana.
- Begin standing in Tadasana . Breathe normally. Take a side step to separate your feet more than a meter. Breathe in and raise your arms above your head.
- Exhale and slowly lean forward from the hips with your back straight and looking straight ahead. Rest briefly with your hips bent at a 90 degree angle.
- Exhale again and lower your head further, relaxing your neck. Place the palms of your hands on the ground in front of your feet. Breath deeply.
- Hold for 30 seconds. Bring your feet closer together, breathe in, and return to standing position. Bring your legs together.
- Tones the legs and abdomen
- Improves blood circulation
- Relaxes the brain
Do not perform this asana if you have the following injuries or ailments;
- Back Problems: Avoid full forward lean.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.