You will be surprised by the game that the flavor and texture of raw cauliflower can offer, but it will also be good for you, it will not produce gas and it will nourish your lungs.
The geometry of cauliflower is beautiful and perfect, as it could not be otherwise in nature, and if we separate its stems, suddenly we have funny little snowy trees that will take you right into your mouth. You will enjoy its nice and crunchy texture.
Of course we can cook cauliflower, bake it, steam it but if we eat it uncooked, fresh, we will better benefit from its healthy and culinary properties.
In addition to white cauliflower, there are yellow, green or lilac varieties, rich in different antioxidants. When consumed fresh, its color and antioxidant richness are preserved one hundred percent.
PROPERTIES OF RAW CAULIFLOWER
- It will not give you gas. First and foremost, to tell you that cauliflower has a reputation for generating a lot of gases, but, in reality, it is like that when we cook it. If we eat it raw, it is the opposite. It helps us eliminate gases. Curious, right?
- Beneficial for your lungs. If we stop and see its shape, especially if we cut it in half, it is surprising how similar it is to the lungs. I believe in the messages of nature, but there is also its white color, which Chinese medicine relates to the ideal foods to take care of this respiratory organ.
- Rich in sulfur compounds. Like all cabbages, cauliflower has glucosinolates with an antioxidant and detoxifying effect.
- Source of vitamin C. Raw cabbage provides up to 120 mg of vitamin C, twice what you need per day and four times more than when we cook it.
- Other nutrients it also contains B vitamins, essential for energy metabolism and for the nervous system, beta-carotene that is transformed into vitamin A, folic acid, selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium, potassium and different flavonoids in significant doses.
HOW TO SURPRISE WITH ORIGINAL PREPARATIONS WITH CAULIFLOWER
Raw cauliflower is delicious as is, to snack on, but it also gives a lot of play in original and healthy recipes.
- In salads: add raw cauliflower without fear to salads, cut very small.
- As a crudité or as a pâté: you can use it as a crudité, or mash it until it is creamy and make the pâté or sauce with it.
- As couscous: Another option is to crush it with the texture of couscous and season it like a tubule: with lemon, mint, parsley, tomato, onion, salt, pepper and oil. Or with olives, spices …
- Cauliflower rice: A classic in my recipes is to make a kind of rice with it to fill the sushi. By simply mashing one part of cauliflower with another part of cashews, pine nuts or another nut, seasoned with rice vinegar and agave syrup, you will have an incredible consistency to do it.
- Pickle: Fermentable! Combined with garlic and fermented, it constitutes a real nectar.
- Crunchy snacks: If you season it and take it to dehydrate, you will have a spectacular snack. I like it with curry.
- Crackers: You can also dehydrate it as an ingredient in a dough for crackers. I have made some sprouted buckwheat with golden flax, hemp and lots of cauliflower. They are delicious.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.