This type of eating plan is commonly recommended by doctors to gain weight in a healthy way.
The hyper caloric diet is necessary when the person has a very active metabolism, suffers from malnutrition or his lifestyle is very fast and he does not eat food with the necessary nutrients to maintain a healthy weight.
Possible causes of weight loss
Weight loss can occur due to poor eating habits or lack of control in the body. Possible causes include:
- Intestinal disorder that does not allow the absorption of nutrients from food.
- Condition of diseases such as hyperthyroidism or diabetes.
- Little food or consumption of foods that are not very nutritious for the body at a later date.
- At mealtime, the appetite or need to feed is lost.
- Lots of physical or sports activity and little food.
- Diagnosis of degenerative diseases such as cancer or, in some cases, HIV (AIDS).
- Excessive daily emotional or work stress.
To determine if a hyper caloric diet is necessary, you must know the real causes of weight loss and determine if it can be corrected by acquiring better eating habits or attending a medical consultation to carry out relevant studies and determine the diet to consume and weight necessary to climb.
Considerations before making a hyper caloric diet?
This type of eating pattern is characterized by the components that are incorporated into the daily diet and are necessary to provide the energy required by the body, which is summarized in high rates of calories supplied in exact and fair amounts for the body.
It is necessary to quantify the amount of protein, carbohydrates and daily fats that must be consumed to guarantee the desired results, increase weight and improve quality of life.
Nutritional requirements depend on each patient. Sharing recipes for hyper caloric diets is not recommended, as they must be personalized because each individual has different deficiencies and metabolism.
To achieve the correct diet, a meticulous nutritional study must be carried out and the tastes of the person to be treated must be known.
What are the types of nutrients necessary?
The first thing in a hyper caloric diet is the consumption of fats that provide satiety to the body. You should not exceed protein consumption, as we are looking for a balance between the determined foods to eat daily.
In contrast, carbohydrates are essential because they provide the calories needed for the energy production the body requires, usually sweet snacks or daily snacks.
The caloric intake in a hyper caloric diet should be between 20% and 50%, but it can vary, even increasing periodically depending on the needs of the patient, the physical activity involved, age, sexual sex and the pathologist that he may have. If that”s the case
Characteristics of a hyper caloric diet
Anyone who eats a hyper caloric diet cannot ignore the following:
- You can”t skip main meals and you need to add one or two snacks between each meal.
- Calories cannot be missing in all or almost all meals.
- Carbohydrates and proteins should be in lesser measure or quantity at each meal.
- The fat must be present because satiate more and longer than the rest.
- Some foods must have vitamins, especially the B complex.
- Fiber foods should be eaten in small amounts. For snacks, nuts, candies, fruit with honey, and snacks with butter are recommended.
- You should not eat salads or soups before each meal because they reduce the desire to eat the main dishes.
- A tablespoon of oil can be added to cooked dishes before they are eaten.
- Depending on the nutritionist”s instructions, supplements such as hyper caloric beverages may be included to enrich meals.
- You can eat dairy products like cheeses, whole milk, and yogurt.
- Dishes with jam, cocoa, honey, brewer”s yeast and seeds, condensed milk are very common in these diets.
- The dishes with eggs included are very beneficial to gain weight, such as omelets with vegetables and greens, sausages and cheeses.
- Pasta, cereals, and rice should be eaten daily.
- Soft drinks should be avoided.
- Fruits should be eaten daily.
If the recipes recommended by the nutritionist are followed to the letter, a healthy weight gain will be achieved without affecting the body”s metabolism.
To complement the diet you must do exercises without excess, always trying to make more weight than aerobic exercises, the idea is to gain volume, not lose weight.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.