Thanks to its contribution of essential fatty acids and minerals, avocado can be a great ally of our hair health and help us to repair damage and deeply hydrate hair
Most people use a wide variety of cosmetic products to care for hair health. However, few know the benefits of avocado for damaged hair.
In fact, it is the chemicals themselves, as well as the excessive use of irons or exposure to the sun, which cause the hair to end up being damaged.
Although there are masks and treatments on the market to keep the strands strong and hydrated, sometimes it is necessary to resort to other types of remedies to regain that shiny and healthy appearance that characterizes hair. There are natural alternatives that, for a lower price, provide interesting effects.
Maybe it will be useful to you: 7 treatments that your dry hair will appreciate
Do you know the benefits of avocado for hair? This food is one of those inexpensive ingredients that can help improve the appearance of the mane in case of dryness and aggression.
Here we tell you what its properties are and how you can include it in your routine to revitalize your hair. Do not hesitate to try it!
Nutritional properties of avocado
The nutrients contained in the avocado or avocado is what gives it its properties for the hair.
Many of these help to counteract those deficiencies that are presented by a poor diet or by deterioration caused by environmental factors. Check them out:
- Avocado is rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, also known as “good fats.”
- In addition, it contains significant amounts of vitamins A and E, which can act as antioxidants.
- Provides significant doses of B complex vitamins.
- It is a source of minerals like magnesium, calcium and iron.
- Provides light contributions of essential amino acids.
The external application of avocado pulp can not only benefit your health in general, but also that of your hair, regardless of whether it is curly, dry or not very abundant.
Its nutrients are absorbed through the scalp and micro spores, repairing any damage that gives it a battered and weak appearance.
Among these nutrients and benefits, the following stand out:
- Its natural oils rehydrate the hair strands. This helps to solve the dryness caused by the iron or dryer.
- On the other hand, it helps to strengthen keratin fibers and hair follicles, reducing excessive loss.
- It can also act as a natural conditioner, providing softness and shine.
Maybe it will be useful to you: How to use the egg for the care of our hair
- It is a great ally to combat frizz and leave curls defined.
- Helps repair split ends and promotes healthy growth.
- Finally, avocado stands out for its antioxidant properties, which prevent the appearance of premature gray hair or signs of aging.
How to restore damaged hair with avocado?
To take advantage of the properties of avocado for hair, we can prepare revitalizing masks. While it is valid to use avocado on its own, it is best to combine it with other ingredients that enhance its benefits.
Avocado and egg mask
By combining the healthy fats of the avocado with the proteins that the egg provides, we can obtain a restorative and hydrating treatment.
Its use is recommended on brittle hair, with a tendency to fall.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 egg
- A tablespoon of olive oil (16 g)
- Crush the pulp of a ripe avocado and mix it with an egg and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Dampen hair and rub treatment from roots to ends.
- Let it act for 40 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- Repeat its use at least 2 times a week.
Due to its high content of moisturizing compounds, this mask is ideal for restoring the shiny appearance of damaged and dry hair.
It can be used on all types of hair, since it does not alter the production of oils.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of aloe Vera gel (30 g)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil(15 g)
- Crush the pulp of half a ripe avocado and mix it with the aloe Vera gel.
- Make sure you get a smooth paste, and lastly, add the coconut oil.
- Rub the treatment all over your hair, including the scalp.
- Cover the head with a hat and let it act for 30 minutes.
- Rinse with plenty of lukewarm water.
- Use it at least 2 times a week.
Avocado and honey mask
By adding a little organic honey to our avocado treatment we can restore hair damage so that the mane looks silky and shiny.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons of honey (50 g)
- Extract the pulp from a ripe avocado and grind it into a paste.
- Mix it with the honey and proceed to use it.
- Dampen the hair, part it into several strands and distribute the treatment evenly.
- Wait for it to act for 40 minutes and rinse.
- Use it 2 or 3 times a week.
Do you dare to check the benefits of avocado for hair? If you notice aggression or dryness, do not hesitate to try these natural treatments.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.