Taking care of our skin in our 30s can make a difference, positive or negative, in our aging. The 30s are part of the best moments of female maturity: collagen production is still active; our skin still regenerates itself while we sleep and the damage has not yet begun to take its toll.
Steps to follow:
1. The first step in caring for your skin at 30 is sticking to your cleansing routine. Washing the face twice a day is necessary to eliminate the sebum produced by the sebaceous glands and the waste accumulated during the day. Ideally, cleanse your face in the morning upon waking and at night before going to bed. To cleanse the face, you should use a facial cleanser preferably in gel, neutral pH and free of aromas, and then an astringent toner. Choose both products according to your skin type: dry, combination, oily.
2. Remove make-up from your face every day. Makeup accumulates in the pores of the skin and if we do not remove it, it stays on the complexion and can cause redness, blackheads, acne, swelling and open pores. To remove make-up from your skin, use a soapy make-up remover, preferably a gel, and rinse your face with plenty of water. Make-up remover wipes are a good option for those nights when you go to party and arrive very tired, however their regular use is not recommended as they do not remove makeup 100%. If you use waterproof mascara or long-lasting lipstick, use a special makeup remover to remove these types of cosmetics.
3. Hydrating is important to take care of your skin in your 30s. Hydration not only softens the skin, but helps it stay shiny, firm, healthy and free from dryness. Choose a moisturizer rich in vitamin A and depending on your age, prefer a light one and avoid those that are greasy. Likewise, it is important that at this age you already use creams to prevent wrinkles, opt for those that offer to firm the skin and contain hyaluronic acid. In the same way, do not forget that the eye contour is the most delicate area of the face and needs other types of care, therefore, at 30 it is recommended a light cream for the eye contour, preferably in gel and containing vitamin AND.
4. One option for taking care of your skin in your 30s is to use homemade moisturizing skin masks. They are a simple and inexpensive way for your skin to be nourished and enjoy all the properties of natural ingredients such as olive oil and avocado. It is advisable to apply them on the face, neck and décolleté and leave for 20 minutes and then remove them with warm water.
5. Sleeping eight hours is very important to take care of the skin at 30. While we sleep, the skin regenerates and produces a greater amount of collagen, which is responsible for keeping our skin firm and preventing the muscle from falling off. Unfortunately, collagen is not produced for life, so you need to take advantage of this decade to get proper rest, fight insomnia, avoid staying up late, and enjoy this automatic regeneration process, while you can.
6. Eat foods rich in antioxidants. Antioxidants are the only ones capable of reducing and combating the negative effect that free radicals have on the body”s cells. And in case you didn”t know, one of the main damages of free radicals is causing premature aging. Fight cellular aging by consuming antioxidant foods such as cabbage, carrots, salmon, olive oil, walnuts, tomatoes, and red wine.
7. Hydrate as much as possible. Water cannot be missing in your body if you want to have shiny skin. Hydrating the body is very important because it helps intestinal transit and also stimulates the work of the kidneys. Both benefits allow the body to release toxins and prevent fluid retention, which is very good for your skin as it will look fresh and healthy.
8. If you don”t do it now, it won”t do any good to do it later: you need to protect your skin from the sun every day. Make using sunscreen a habit like brushing your teeth or eating breakfast. UV rays pass through the dermis and burn your skin and shrivel cells. When skin has been exposed to the sun without protection, it is more likely to age faster, dry out, wrinkle, and freckles, which are nothing more than an alarm for severe dermis damage.
So, to avoid this, you should only buy a sunscreen (protection factor 60) and apply it before leaving the house all over your body, every day and touch up at noon. It does not matter if it rains or if the sun burns, always, always, you must apply your protector.
9. Finally, to take care of your skin at 30 you can start helping it with any moisturizing or firming treatment in specialized aesthetics. Radiofrequency, platelet-rich plasma, deep facial cleansing, the options are several and only a dermo cosmetic expert can advise you. Of course, at 30 it is too early to apply botulinum poison, do not exhaust resources that you may need later: be careful!
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.