If you are planning to leave your country it is very clear that the work aspect is very important, to the point that many people do not dare to undertake this adventure until they have a guaranteed job. Perseverance, intelligence and attention to detail will be key to helping you get a job in your country of destination. Here we give you some useful keys for you to discover how to start looking for work abroad successfully
Steps to follow:
1.Once you are very clear where you are going and what your departure date is, it is important to plan the strategy for the job search abroad. Although you can try, finding distance work while you are not in the country of destination is quite difficult as companies want to meet applicants face to face and do not settle for an Internet interview. Despite this you can always try it but first you must have prepared other basic details that we will explain below.
2.The first and most important thing to get a job abroad is to have a good curriculum properly prepared for the type of job you aspire to. That”s why we recommend:
- Make a CV detailing only your jobs and experiences with more weight and importance for the position you aspire. Avoid CVS of more than 2 pages, learn to synthesize and provide timely information, useless data does not add but subtract.
- The CV should always be in the language of the country you are going to and you should take care that it does not have spelling or grammatical errors, remember that it will be the first thing they will see about you.
- Prepare several CVS for different types of work. When I came to live in Spain I had 3 CVS: one for the position of editor / journalist, another for the position of audiovisual producer, because I have worked extensively in both fields, and another for the commercial area as a shop assistant, since In my first years as a student I worked in stores. This allowed me to expand my search range and have more possibilities.
- Speaking several languages is a highly valued plus, so if you have this ability do not forget to highlight it as it can help you find work abroad.
3.In addition to a good CV it is vital to collect as many letters of recommendation as possible, including at least one prepared by a boss or supervisor of any of your last two jobs and written in the language of the country you are going to, or in English in the In the case of a language that not everyone speaks.
This letter should be brief but highlight your main virtues as an employee. It must be printed on the company”s letterhead and properly signed by the person who writes it, you must also scan it to send it attached with your CV.
4.Depending on the area in which you work it is also appropriate to have a digital portfolio of your work. This is essential for people who practice professions such as architecture, design, journalism, audiovisual production, etc. You should also be able to offer contacts that serve as a reference in your previous work, so you will show that you are a solid professional, with a career and ready to work in any market.
5.You have everything ready at the CV level, now what to do?
- Check the different online job portals in the search for jobs that suit you. Apply to those positions that you consider appropriate and provide as much information as possible to make your profile interesting and attractive, you can start applying 3 weeks before leaving to try the market.
- Never apply to a position that does not fit your experience by saying things like “I have never done it but I can learn”, employers want a certain profile and will ignore anyone who does not have it. Every day you must search online portals to detect new job advertisements and apply.
- In parallel, make a list of companies that interest you or that you could work on, go to their website and find the email address of the contact person in charge of the area of your interest or human resources, and send an email with your CV and letters of recommendation. Remember: this will be the first thing someone reads about you so don”t be bored, don”t write too much and go straight to the point showing that you are a safe and skilled worker.
- Look for work in all those areas in which you have experience or in which you know you will be an excellent employee. Exploit your virtues and skills, because they can lead you to success.
- Create or improve your LinkedIn profiles many companies consult this social network to analyze the profile of potential employees. You can also use this platform for job search.
- Follow the online job websites on Twitter and check their publications frequently, so you can quickly detect any position that interests you.
- Most companies do not receive physical resumes, but in most stores they do. If you also want to look for work in the commercial area, be prepared to paper the city with your CV, the more doors you touch, the more possibilities you will have.
- Finally, tell everyone you are looking for a job! Advertise on your social networks what job you are looking for and in what city you do it, because you never know if a friend of a fair friend needs someone with your profile, you never know who can read this information and contact you.
6.Starting to look for work abroad is an activity of perseverance and patience, so it is very important to start small, knowing that you may not get the job you want at the beginning but at least you are doing something productive that will make you learn and Meet new people
Going abroad is starting from scratch, so don”t compare yourself to anyone, don”t think about what it would have been like if you don”t demotivate yourself. Be persevering, take the first job that works for you economically and in your spare time keep looking until you find what you want. Once you have decided to leave your country, nothing can stop you, so cheer up and forward.
7.And if after all this process you get some job interviews, then you should follow certain tips to impress them positively.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.