Due to the coronavirus health pandemic, it has been necessary to adopt numerous measures in order to maintain security and prevent infections from spreading further. However, you may have doubts about how to protect yourself from the coronavirus at work, which is why we are going to explain everything you need to know to carry out good practices in the workplace.
You must know the measures to prevent contagion of Covid-19, so that you know how to act to help prevent both you and all the people who approach or maintain contact with you from being infected.
What to do before going to work
Before going to the job, you must take into account a series of recommendations that are essential to avoid contagion:
- You should not go to work if you have any symptoms that may be associated with the coronavirus. In the event that you have a cough, fever, respiratory distress, etc., you should notify your company and also contact the Covid service telephone number of your autonomous community, or the primary care center. These will tell you how to proceed. You should not return to work until it can be confirmed that there is no risk.
- In cases where you have been in close contact with people who have had symptoms or have been positive, you must quarantine at home for at least 14 days. In the same way, you should be under monitoring in case signs of contagion appear.
- If you are a person who is vulnerable, either due to a previous illness, age or being pregnant, it is advisable not to go to the workplace and opt for teleworking. If it is not possible due to your work, you will have to ask your doctor to offer you a certificate to prove that you did not go to work.
Commuting to Work in Times of Pandemic
On the other hand, it is also necessary to maintain a series of precautions when traveling to work in the middle of the coronavirus health pandemic. For this you must keep these indications in mind:
- Whenever possible, you should choose means of transport and mobility that guarantee a distance from other people of at least 2 meters. Therefore, it is preferable that you travel in an individual and personal car.
- If you have to travel in a car you should always take extreme cleaning measures, preventing other people from traveling in it. In the event that they do, you will all have to go with the mask on.
- If you travel by taxi or VTC you must travel only with the driver.
- On trips made by public transport such as bus, metro or train, it is advisable to keep your distance from other people.
How to protect yourself from coronavirus in the workplace:
In the workplace itself, it is important to know how to protect yourself from the coronavirus, for which it is necessary to follow the following instructions:
- All work processes and tasks must be planned in advance. The idea of this is that the workers can maintain a distance between them of two meters. This distance must be maintained both in the workplace itself and when entering and leaving it.
- It is necessary to ensure that there is distance between workers in common areas and crowds in them must be avoided.
- Work activities must be carried out in an environment in which risks are minimized. That is why workers” movements must be organized.
- Companies must provide Personal Protective Equipment to their employees so that they can do their work in the best safety conditions.
- The worker must comply with all prevention measures stipulated by the company.
- Physical contact with other colleagues, including shaking hands, should be avoided.
- Sharing devices or computers with other colleagues should be reduced as much as possible. If necessary, it will be necessary to disinfect them before and after. If you do not have products for this, you should wash your hands after using them.
- It is advisable to wash your hands frequently with soap and water or apply hydro alcoholic gel. Especially it is recommended to use it after sneezing, coughing or touching surfaces.
- When you feel like coughing, you will need to cover your nose and mouth with a tissue. Then throw it in a garbage can that has a lock.
- Keep the mask on and avoid touching it, neither her nor any part of your face.
- Any personal hygiene waste, such as handkerchiefs or the like, must be deposited in suitable containers.
- In the event that you notice any symptoms of possible contagion, notify your superiors and colleagues. In addition, take extreme precautions and immediately contact the occupational risk prevention service of your company. You can also contact the Covid-19 hotline in your autonomous community or your primary care doctor.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.