Choosing the weight of the dumbbells is a key decision that will determine the effectiveness of the exercises you do with these tools that can help you achieve the goals you have planned in your workouts. You must determine yourself if some dumbbells have the appropriate weight, starting to work with them and assessing whether they fall short for your needs, or they pose an excessive load that even prevents you from executing the exercises. Here we offer you a series of tips on how to choose the weight of the dumbbells.
Steps to follow:
1. The execution of the exercises with dumbbells is what will allow you to decide if you have made a mistake when choosing the weight of the dumbbells. Specifically, you will know if they are very heavy in the event that you are forced to stop training due to the fact that you cannot hold the dumbbells. In this case, you should choose to reduce the weight to avoid overloading the muscles or even injuring yourself.
2. You can also go wrong for the opposite reason, that is, because they are not heavy enough for your body structure and your state of shape, so that they do not constitute a considerable help when it comes to developing the muscles you want to strengthen.
Simply by lifting the dumbbells you will notice that they are too light if it is easy for you to adopt the position to start the exercise. In any case, it is always preferable that you stay short and can increase the weight.
3. You must take into account when choosing the weight of the dumbbells that the ideal figure will be different depending on the type of exercise you want to perform. Thus, you will need more load if the training involves the work of several muscle groups at the same time, for the obvious reason that more muscles are carrying the weight.
4.Also, your needs will increase over time as you progress with your workouts. In this way, you will not always need the same dumbbell weight as this would lead to stagnation.
5. You can do a very simple test to choose the weight of the dumbbells. Hold one with your left hand if you are right-handed or with your right if you are left-handed. Now, do a simple exercise like doing 15 lateral raises.
An adequate weight will cause the effort to begin to notice from the execution number 10. If the problems have appeared before, it is that the dumbbells are too heavy and, on the contrary, if they arrived later or, simply, it was not difficult effort, the dumbbells are very light.
6. Do not underestimate the importance of choosing a suitable weight for the dumbbells, since it is a basic feature of this tool that can bring so many benefits to your workouts.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.