When we are looking for employment and new job opportunities, before entering the position we are applying for, we usually have to face a job interview. This is a situation that generates us nerves and discomfort, but we must also be aware that it is the perfect time to demonstrate our worth in that sector and our desire to work, so it will be essential that we act and develop properly if we want to that position is ours. Pay attention to the advice we give you in this article about how to behave in a job interview and you will be very successful!
Steps to follow:
1.Take into account that the person who is going to interview you does not know you and that the first impression counts a lot. Therefore, it will be essential that you have a good presence and take care of your image that day, go to the interview well dressed in an outfit that reflects that you are a neat, clean and formal person.
2.In a job interview, the employer will ask you questions of various kinds, from questions regarding your professional skills, your salary expectations to some more personal ones. The most important thing is that you always speak clearly and concisely, without extending yourself too much and being sure of what you say. Try to be yourself as much as possible (without showing yourself arrogant), since if you try to be someone or something that you are not, the interviewer is very likely to realize and not want you to be part of his company.
3.The best candidate for a job is one who has professional skills already developed for that particular job, so it is important that during the interview you reinforce your work experience and sell yourself along the lines of the requirements required for that offer. It will do no good to introduce yourself as someone who has no knowledge to perform the tasks and functions of that job. In addition, it is important that you never use words that undervalue your work or denote that you feel inferior, such as: “I have only done …”, “I have no experience in …”, “I do not know very well what it is …” etc.
4.During the job interview, it is important that you show your interest and enthusiasm (without exaggerating excessively) for being part of the staff of that company. For this, a very valuable trick is that you previously inform yourself slightly about what they do, the services they offer, their philosophy, their achievements, their goals, etc., all this information will help you focus your answers and the employer will see that You don”t just have an economic interest in that job.
5.Most likely, they will ask you about your old jobs, as well as the companies you have worked on so far. It is essential that you avoid speaking badly or criticizing your former bosses, as well as giving many details about the internal operation of the company. In the case that they ask you to justify your job changes, resort to positive and objective explanations but without cheating because they could ask your former bosses for references about you.
6.In addition to these points, to behave in a job interview properly and to overcome it successfully you must avoid some basic things like the ones we detail below:
- Show you nervous try to calm your nerves before the job interview and be sure of yourself.
- Have a negative attitude. Do not be pessimistic and express yourself by giving positive explanations.
- Deviate from the questions. Respond with clear and concise answers, avoiding walking around the bush or being elusive.
- As we have already indicated, you must be sincere when talking about yourself and not expressing things about your CV or your professional skills that are not reality, since if you are the chosen one this will be counterproductive for you in the future.
- Talk colloquially. Your language should be careful, avoiding certain colloquialisms and vulgar words. Remember that it is a job interview and not an informal chat between friends.
- Have a bad posture. Always sit straight in the chair and avoid reclining too far back, put your hands in your pockets, put them behind the back of your , touch your hair continuously, etc., as you might feel less interested.
- Do not look the interviewer in the eye. It is important that while you speak, you look into the eyes of the interviewer to show him security.
- Chewing gum or eating candy.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.