When we decide to go to the gym, we usually have two goals in mind: burn fat and gain muscle. However, throughout this second objective, we can realize that things are more complicated. The first thing you should know is which exercises are best for you to achieve your goal and, of course, how to nourish yourself after a training day to increase mass in the shortest possible time.
If you are looking for fast results the natural way, here is an exercise routine to increase muscle mass in the gym that will help you define a key training plan to gain muscle mass quickly. Follow the advice that, from UNHOW, we present below.
Training plan to gain muscle mass
There are several gym routines to increase muscle mass, but it is necessary to take into account several aspects before starting to exercise. First, the ability to store fat in human beings depends on the metabolism of each one, so not all bodies gain muscle mass with the same ease. The key to achieving your goal is to adjust your diet and training to the characteristics of your body.
Second, it is necessary to define a training frequency according to your physical conditions. You must try to work all the muscles of the body to gain mass evenly, as well as maintain a constant rhythm of training.
Next, here we present you a routine to gain muscle mass in 5 days. With it, you can achieve the figure you want in a short time and, as the name suggests, you will start to see changes in a matter of days. Of course, perseverance and discipline are essential, as well as nutrition. For this, we recommend you visit our article on Diet to gain muscle mass.
Exercise routine to increase muscle mass in the gym
Always start your exercise routine by warming up for at least five minutes. This will prevent muscle injury and get you ready for action:
- Stretches: Lean on a wall to stretch upper and lower extremities. You can also sit in a chair to ensure balance.
- Walk: walk from one side of the room to the other, moving your arms to the sides, up and down. This warm-up is perfect for beginners who don”t dare to start out with more energy.
- Jumps: perform small jumps at a stable point, opening and closing the legs. When you have more practice, also move your arms up and down on each side of your body to work all the muscles.
- Squats: ideal to warm up. Squatting is not as simple as it sounds, as it is not just about getting up and down. Do not miss this article on How to do squats correctly at home.
Once the training is complete, it is time to start the exercises to gain muscle mass. Follow the instructions that we will indicate below carefully to achieve the expected results.
Exercises to gain muscle mass at home: chest and shoulder press
While it is true that you will need a bar to lift the weight you think appropriate, you can easily perform these exercises from home. The chest press is ideal for gaining pectoral mass while exercising your entire upper body. Let”s see how to press to gain muscle mass:
- Lean back on a sturdy bench. If you don”t have any fences, you can lie down on the floor on a mat.
- Take the bar you are going to lift, but always making sure that you can tolerate the weight and it will not injure you.
- Hold the bar with both hands and bring it forward (or up, depending on the position you are in). Then slowly bring it up to chest level.
Complete five sets of at least five reps each, taking 1-minute breaks to avoid muscle fatigue. To do shoulder press, you will have to perform the same movement but standing.
With push-ups you also work your upper body, improving joint resistance while gaining muscle mass. Follow the steps below to properly perform this home exercise:
- Lie on the floor face down, supporting the palms of your hands.
- Stretch your legs, bring them together and support your body weight on theballs of your feet.
- Raise and lower your torso, bending your elbows slowly on each descent.
- Keep your back straight and your legs firm to maintain stability.
Complete three sets of 10 push-ups each, resting 1 minute between each set. If you find it very difficult, you can do the push-ups with your knees resting on the mat.
Dumbbell and weight lifting are great for toning your arms while gaining muscle mass. This is how you should perform the dumbbell lift to increase the mass of your upper muscles:
- Select dumbbells with the right weight for your strength and physical endurance. In this way, you will avoid injuries and extreme fatigue.
- To start, raise and lower the weights from your thighs to chest level. In this way, you will work your biceps.
- Then, stretch your arms straight with the dumbbells attached. Bring the dumbbells closer to your shoulders, bending your elbows to balance the strength. Return to the starting position and do several repetitions at a moderate speed to increase bicep and shoulder toning.
- Now raise your arms to the top of your head. Slowly bend your elbows and lower the dumbbells. Raise and lower the weights behind your head, always doing controlled movements. In this way, you will work the triceps without problems.
Exercises to gain muscle mass at home: pull-ups
Pull-ups are great for building muscle mass, quickly toning your back, and improving your posture. If you want to gain muscle mass in the correct parts of the body, you must perform this exercise as follows:
- Find a sturdy bench and place it just below the bar from which you will hang.
- Get on the bench and hold the bar firmly, with your fists in front of you to improve your grip. Your hands should be more than shoulder width apart.
- Push off the bench with your feet and drop down. Fully extend your arms while hanging.
- Keep your torso straight and bend your elbows out to lift yourself toward the bar.
- Contract your abdomen with each ascent. On the descent, watch your speed to avoid injuries.
Gain muscle mass quickly with the deadlift
For all those who yearn to tone up and gain volume in a short time, the deadlift is an essential option in their exercise routine to gain muscle mass at home, as it works the upper and lower body, tones the back and improves your posture. To do the deadlift correctly, follow these steps:
- Select a bar with a weight according to your physical structure and leave it on the ground.
- Face the bar, placing your feet just below it.
- Slightly bend your knees and hold the bar firmly with both hands.
- Push your chest out and contract your abdomen as you lift yourself up with the barbell between your hands.
- Stand straight and keep the bar held at the level of the crotch, keeping your torso upright and your arms firm.
- Perform the lift slowly, using your glutes and hamstrings as much as possible.
Hold the bar for 5-10 seconds. Then carefully lower it to the ground. Complete at least five repetitions.
Tone your arms and gain bicep mass quickly and safely with the barbell bicep curl. This is a very comprehensive exercise for working your arms, so make sure you grip the bar properly:
- Stand firm in front of the bar, spreading your legs a little more than shoulder width apart.
- Lay your back completely straight and hold the bar with both hands.
- Keep your palms facing you, then raise the bar at moderate speed until it touches your biceps.
- Raise and lower the bar from your waist to your biceps.
Complete, daily, four sets of 10 repetitions each.
Face pull to increase your strength and gain muscle mass
Increase your muscle mass progressively but safely with the face pull. This exercise will allow you to improve the stability of the waist while toning the shoulders, back and forearms. It is also one of the most powerful machines to work the upper body, so follow these steps to perform the exercise correctly:
- Get a rotating pulley to perform the exercise. We are talking about a training plan to gain muscle mass in the gym, but if you want this machine to also serve you for an exercise routine to gain muscle mass at home, you should get the indicated equipment in a specialized sports store.
- Stand in front of the rotating pulley, hold the ends of the rope with both hands and spread your legs a little more than your shoulders. Then slightly bend your legs.
- Pull the rope tightly away from the pulley as far as your arms can reach.
- Bring your elbows back and bring the handlebars of the rope closer to your chest. Complete the exercise by bringing the rope back and forth several times at a moderate speed.
Get fit with the hip thrust
The arms and back are very difficult parts of the body to tone, so it is worth spending more time on them. However, we can”t forget about the glutes, lower back, and abs. If you want to define your glutes well while gaining muscle mass, perform the hip thrust exercise in all your routines. With this exercise you will be able to tone the abdominal core and the hip flexor muscles, along with the butt:
- Lie down on a mat to comfortably support your back.
- Bend your knees, fixing your feet on the ground.
- Extend your arms next to your body, on the mat and, without using them, begin to raise and lower your pelvis. As you perform the movement, keep your torso straight and your knees bent.
- On each lift, contract your glutes for a few seconds.
Perform three sets of 15 repetitions each. Remember to keep pressure on your buttocks for proper toning.
GAP exercises to gain muscle mass
As we have already mentioned, it is necessary that we dedicate a few extra minutes to work shoulders, back and arms, as they are areas where you will notice the increase in muscle mass immediately. However, it is essential that we do not forget the buttocks, legs and abdomen, as they are parts of the body that also require constant toning.
Instead of suggesting exercises to do on separate days, we propose a GAP exercise routine that will help you work your glutes, abdomen and legs at the same time. Do you want to notice improvements in record time? If so, don”t miss this article on 12 GAP Exercises at home.
Exercise routine to increase muscle mass at the gym or at home
Next, we propose a training plan to gain muscle mass at home or in the gym. The only thing you have to do is be constant and follow the instructions that we propose below.
- Monday: warm-up, dumbbell lift, deadlift, chest and shoulder press. Alternate with some GAP exercises or, if you want to lose weight, with a little cardio before and after training.
- Tuesday: warm-up, elbow bend, chest and shoulder press, barbell curl. Alternate with some GAP exercises (choose, for example, to do only sit-ups on this day).
- Wednesday: warm-up, deadlift, barbell curl, face pull. Alternate with GAP exercises.
- Thursday: warm-up, chest and shoulder press, pull-ups, hip thrust and some GAP exercises.
- Friday: warm-up, bend elbows, pull-ups, hip thrust. As always, alternate with some GAP exercises.
Remember to warm up before each exercise day. With an hour and a half, a day of work, along with the right diet, you can obtain excellent results in a short time.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.