Danda means “staff.” In Dandasana – Staff pose the back is straight and upright. It is the starting position for many seated postures. Practicing this pose develops a good habit of sitting in a chair.
- Sitting position on the floor with legs stretched out in front
- Press your knees down and point your toes up. Press the palms of the hands against the floor next to the hips
- Stretch your spine and try to sit up straight. Center your head and look ahead
- Breathe normally and hold for 20-30 seconds
- Tones the legs
- Strengthens the back muscles
- Improves posture
Do not perform this asana if you have the following injuries or ailments;
- Back injury
If you have a tendency to hunch your back, sit on a folded blanket or against the wall for extra support.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.