Healthy skin needs adequate nutrients and hydration. We tell you how you can build your day and night routine with homemade and natural products.
The elasticity, freshness and hydration of our skin depend on how we nourish it, as well as its ability to preserve its protective barrier functions, to balance body temperature, eliminate toxins and produce vitamin D.
To nourish is to provide an organism with the substances it needs for its functioning, conservation and growth. Speaking of the skin, it implies nourishing it, maintaining it, sustaining it, invigorating it and strengthening it as part of our body, which needs it, both inside and out.
- Nourish from within. Drinking 1.5 to 2 liters of water a day and drinking juicy fruits such as melon or watermelon helps us to hydrate it. Foods’s rich in vitamins A, C and E, such as olive oil or whole grains, and seeds rich in essential fatty acids, provide us with basic nutrients.
- Nourish from the outside. We can also use nourishing masks and creams, more concentrated than moisturizers.
But for this holistic care to work, it is important to also eliminate the consumption of junk food, alcohol and tobacco, which cause premature aging and dehydrate the skin.
External nutrition in the form of creams and masks has a clear effect on the skin, especially as we age, as we stop regenerating cells and we need to nourish more.
A routine that includes hydration during the day and nutrition at night would be ideal:
Thank you for watching
- Hydrate during the day. It is necessary to provide the skin with the necessary water and protect it from free radicals. Before applying hydration during the day, you should cleanse the skin.
- Nourish at night. Night creams and serums nourish and hydrate in depth and therefore carry more lipid load. We nourish at night because while we rest, the body continues to work to repair the damage suffered during the day. Microcirculation of the skin and drainage are activated to eliminate toxins. In addition, the demands on the skin increase and more collagen and hyaluronic acid are produced. At night, you must remove make-up before applying nutrition.
3 HOMEMADE MASK RECIPES TO NOURISH YOUR SKIN
There are many fruits and vegetable oils that deeply nourish and hydrate.
Here are some simple recipes that will refresh, rejuvenate, and brighten your skin.
- Mallow Quick Moisturizer
- Mask for skin or hair with bananas and yogurt
- Nourishing raspberry serum
MALLOW QUICK MOISTURIZER
You can make a basic cream and enrich it with active ingredients that enhance its action. To prepare a moisturizer, there are various assets that can add, such as urea, the hyaluronic acid, the glycerin, the plant collagen, the vegetable squalene, the extract mallow and oils delipidates plant, among many others.
When making this cream, I recommend you clean all the utensils and containers with 70 ° alcohol to have everything properly disinfected.
- 90 g of base cream for face
- 22 drops of vegetable squalene. You can supplement it with argan or evening primrose oil.
- 5 g of mallow extract
- 1 g of liquid glycerin
- 3 g urea
- In a bowl, mix the mallow extract and urea well, until you get a homogeneous mixture. Add the glycerin and stir well.
- Put the cream in another bowl and add the previous mixture little by little while beating with a wire or balloon whisk.
- Once well integrated, add the squalene and beat vigorously until everything is homogenized.
Keep away from light and heat. The cream will last at least 3 months if the base already has a preservative.
MASK FOR SKIN OR HAIR WITH BANANAS AND YOGURT
The banana is a very complete fruit: it has fiber, vitamins like C or B6, potassium, folic acid, carbohydrates, a minimum of protein, potassium, magnesium and tannins.
All these substances provide hydration and nutrition for both your hair and your skin. With this mask, you will also eliminate dead cells.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk, soy, rice or oatmeal yogurt
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup or maple syrup
Mix the coconut yogurt in a bowl with the banana very well mashed and the teaspoon of syrup. Stir until smooth.
How to use
Apply the mask on the clean face, neck and décolleté, respecting the eye contour. Leave it on for about 20 minutes and then remove it with warm water.
Then tone the skin with an infusion of horsetail.
You can use it once a week.
You can store it in an airtight container, in the fridge, for up to a week.
NOURISHING RASPBERRY SERUM
This serum, suitable for all skin types, can be used to nourish and hydrate overnight.
It is rich in antioxidants and vitamins A and E. It regenerates, hydrates and firms the skin around the eyes and on your face.
- 1 tablespoon of aloe vera
- 22 drops of raspberry seed oil
- 2 drops of hyaluronic acid
Put all the ingredients in a bowl and shake vigorously until everything is well incorporated.
Put it in a roll-on bottle or dropper so you can easily dose it.
How to use
Use daily on expression lines and the eye contour, massaging until completely absorbed.
It keeps very well in the fridge for 3 months.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.