If you have dry and lifeless hair, try to improve your diet and hydration, and include some masks and natural oils in your weekly routine to nourish it in depth.
Controlling dry hair is a problem for many people. It curls, tangles, breaks, and often has split ends. Dry hair can be a consequence of heredity, but also poor care. Don”t despair: here are 7 treatments that your dry hair will appreciate.
The hair is born in the hair follicle; the bloodstream reaches it with the elements that nourish the hair, and the fat that lubricates the hair is provided by the sebaceous glands. The problem is that people violate that balance, without knowing it.
Treatments that your dry hair will appreciate
The outer layer of the hair, the cuticle, suffers erosion by the different chemical treatments: straightening, permanent, discoloration … The hair dries out and loses shine as the capillary fat that covers it is destroyed by external abrasive agents. However, with the following treatments for your dry hair you can help it recover.
1. Organ oil
This oil is obtained from the dried fruits of the argan tree. The fruit of this tree is dried in the sun, the seed is manually extracted and cold pressed. The result is light golden oil, with a soft smell, which is why it is called “the gold of the desert”.
Organ oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate, as it helps it regain shine and moisture. It can be applied directly to the hair in moderation.
2. Coconut oil
Coconut oil is one of the treatments that your dry hair will appreciate. The saturated fats that compose it are an ideal nutrient to restore moisture and shine that is lost by chemicals and extreme temperatures. In addition, it promotes hair growth.
- This oil can be used in conjunction with conditioner after washing or in styling creams. It can also be applied directly to the scalp that suffers from chronic dryness.
- Apply a small amount of coconut oil to your fingertips and gently massage the entire head.
3. Sesame oil
The pressed and crushed sesame seeds release highly valued oil in cosmetics that can be used as a home treatment for hair.
- Take a few drops of the oil (depending on the length of your hair), apply it to dry hair and massage it in with gentle movements for a few minutes. Then wash as usual.
- Use this oil at least once a week.
3. Peanut or groundnut oil
- 3 cups of shelled peanuts (450 g).
- 3 tablespoons of warm water (45 ml).
- Soak the peanuts until you can remove the shell.
- Place the peanuts in the blender with the three tablespoons of water.
- Process at full speed until you gets a cream.
- Put it in the fridge for a day. The oil will separate from the peanut mixture.
- Nourish the ends of the hair with the oil and, if desired, salt the rest for homemade peanut butter.
5. Avocado and wheat germ oil
The mixture of avocado and wheat germ oil is highly hydrating; therefore it is considered that it can be very useful to nourish the hair.
- 1 ripe avocado.
- 1 tablespoon of wheat germ oil (15 ml).
- Blend the avocado in the blender with the wheat germ oil.
- Apply this cream on the hair and leave it to act for about 15 minutes.
- Remove it with enough water.
- Ideally, you should apply the mask once a week.
6. Egg, milk and roses
The mixture of egg, milk and roses can be both moisturizing and softening, especially if you have dry hair.
- 1 egg.
- ½ cup of fluid milk (125 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of rose water(15 ml).
- Beat the egg with a whisk and add the milk and rose water.
- If the mixture is too runny, you can add two more tablespoons of powdered milk. Combine the ingredients well.
- Distribute the preparation throughout your hair.
- Let the mask act for 20 minutes.
7. Banana and almond oil
Banana mixture (both the pulp alone and with the crushed shell) and a little almond oil can also help revitalize dry hair.
- 1 banana.
- ½ cup of almond oil (125 ml).
- Crush the banana or plantain and add the almond oil.
- Mix until you get a creamy paste.
- Apply this cream on the scalp.
- Leave on for 20 minutes.
Additional tips for caring for your dry hair
- Avoid washing your hair every day.
- Drink enough water a day.
- Use products suitable for your hair type.
- Avoid excessive use of hair dryers and irons.
- Avoid applying products that contain alcohol or excessive perfumes.
Additionally, watch your diet. The health of your hair benefits when you consume everything your body needs to be healthy.
Keep in mind that applying any of these treatments or masks will not be enough if you do not maintain other good lifestyle habits. Therefore, always maintain a healthy lifestyle.
As you can see, having dry hair does not have to limit you when it comes to sporting a beautiful and healthy mane if you learn to take care of yourself daily.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.