Take advantage of the summer to lose weight! You do not have to sweat your fat drop in the gym by buzzing or lifting weights because, in good weather, the pool becomes your best ally to take care of your body. And it is that in the aquatic environment you can get to do a lot of exercises that will help us burn calories but, also, to strengthen the muscles of the body. So, take advantage of the days you go to cool off to the pool to do your training! Here we will discover the BEST exercises in the pool to lose weight that will help you take care of your body without having to spend heat.
The best exercises in the water to lose weight
We begin this article on the exercises in the pool to lose weight to talk about those who will help you take care of yourself completely. They are exercises that will activate your metabolism and, therefore, will help you burn a greater amount of calories (fat) during the day.
They will also help you work muscles such as the legs, abdomen, back, etc., so you can enjoy stronger health and a more toned body. The benefits of swimming for the body are well known but if, in addition, you do these exercises you will get to work your muscles better and get a better muscular definition.
Here we leave you the 3 best exercises in the water that have benefits for the whole body in general.
Bicycle exercise in the water
If you want to get your body activated in summer, nothing better than taking advantage of the moment of the pool to do some sport. The exercise of the bicycle is ideal for the body and, therefore, here we tell you step by step how to do it:
- Place your back against the wall and your elbows should rest on the edge of the pool
- Now, you will have to stretch your legs until you get to create a 90º angle with your body
- In this position, you should start doing the pedaling movement with your legs pulling and putting your legs back in the water
It is important that, while doing this exercise, you are with a strong and contracted abdomen because, thus, you will be able to work the abdominal area. Do this exercise for 2 minutes and then rest for another 2 minutes to immediately do the exercise again.
Sprint without moving
This is another of the best exercises in the pool to lose weight and, in addition, it is very easy to do. To do this, place yourself in an area of the pool where you are protected and do not disturb other swimmers, the water must cover you above the waist for the exercise to be valuable. You must follow these steps:
- Stand with your legs slightly apart
- Now, raise your legs making the movement of running at a great speed, as if you were doing a sprint, but without moving from the site
- It is important that you try to raise your knees and get as close to your chest as possible
You must hold the sprint for 30 or 40 seconds and then rest. It is essential that, during this short period of time, you try to make the movements at the maximum speed that you can and that you raise your legs well, so, you will work your body better.
Side jumps in the pool
These jumps are perfect for burning calories, to activate your body and to strengthen the lower train. This is one of the essential exercises if you want to lose weight in the pool and that, although at first they can be a bit complicated to do, you will eventually get them done correctly. The steps are the following:
- Stand up straight with your legs on the side of the pool
- Now, you should jump to the right by bending both knees at the same time
- Then, you must give yourself momentum with the ground and jump to the left
- The legs have to be joined at all times for the exercise to really take effect
Make 10 jumps to the right and 10 to the left and rest. The arms can help you to better balance and, thus, to burn more calories in a way that is also very fun.
3 exercises in the pool for abs
But if you are looking for exercises in the pool to lose weight because what you are worried about is to eliminate belly fat, then the best thing you can do is a series of exercises that focus on the abdomen and help you tone and harden it.
This is one of the best exercises you can do in the water and that will help you work your abs in a very effective way. To do this, you will have to follow these steps:
- You have to go to the pool area where you do not touch standing
- Once there, you will have to put your legs completely straight and upright underwater
- Hold this position for 30 seconds
- Rest 20 seconds and repeat the exercise again
This type of exercise is very similar to that of the plank because, statically, it helps you to work the abdominal area of the body in a safe and healthy way. It is recommended that you do 3 sets of 30 seconds each so that your muscles work to the fullest.
Leg movement for the abdomen
There is a typical abdominal exercise that is known as scissors and helps work the lower abdomen. This exercise can easily be done in the pool, especially if you place yourself in an area where you don”t touch your feet. To do this you have to follow these steps:
- Stand with your back to the pool wall and rest your elbows on the curb
- Elevate your legs creating a 90 degree angle with your body
- Now, you should start moving your feet horizontally, like doing scissors
- Hold 15 reps, rest and start again
This exercise should be done in 3 or 4 sets of 15 repetitions. It is better that you do not touch your feet on the ground because, thus, you will not be tempted to rest.
Raise and lower the legs
And finally, another of the exercises in the pool for abs is this that we also usually do lying in the gym. But, this time we will not be lying but we will be leaning against the wall, as we were in the previous exercise. You must follow these steps:
- Lean your back against the wall and place your shoulders on the curb
- Try to be in an area of the pool where you do not touch your feet to the ground
- Now, you should start the exercise by raising both legs at the same time, completely straight, and creating a 90 degree angle
- When you reach waist height, you should lower your legs again and stretch them against the wall to then raise them again
Do 3 sets of 15 repetitions each. You will see that, over time, you get a real chocolate tablet.
Butt Pool Exercises
Do you want to tone the buttocks? Well you should know that in the pool you can also do it. Here we offer some of the best exercises in the water with which you can work the back area and get it much stronger and without cellulite.
Leg lift back
To do this exercise you will have to place yourself in an area of the pool that covers the water more or less through your chest or neck. You have to touch your feet on the floor. Then, follow these steps:
- Face the wall of the pool and hold your arms on the wall
- Now, you should lift your right leg trying to raise it to the maximum
- Lower your right leg and do the same with your left
You will have to repeat 10 lifts with both legs and then rest until 3 sets are completed.
And we finish this article with the best exercises in the pool to lose weight to talk, now, about the butterfly kick that will help you work your buttocks. In this case you will have to follow these steps:
- Face the pool wall and place your arms on the curb
- Now, you must bring your legs together and, with both at the same time, utter a strong kick back like the one you do when you swim butterfly
- You have to ensure that the movement is fast and strong so that your legs and buttocks feel the exercise
Do 10 kicks, rest and do another series until you get
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.