Vitamin C intervenes in metabolic processes, is a powerful antioxidant and helps strengthen defenses. Discover 6 recipes rich in this nutrient.
Would you like to learn how to prepare several recipes rich in vitamin C? The recommended daily dose of vitamin C is achieved very easily through diet. Vitamin C is necessary because it performs various essential functions in the body.
This nutrient intervenes in metabolic processes, is a powerful antioxidant and helps to strengthen defenses. In addition, it participates in the formation of collagen for the skin, so it also helps maintain joints, bone density and facilitates healing.
If you want to increase your contribution, in the next space we give you some recipes with foods rich in vitamin C that, also, add variety and flavor to your daily menus.
Recipes rich in vitamin C that you should add to your diet
1. Healthy tomato and pepper pizza
Tomato and peppers are natural sources of vitamin C. By combining both ingredients, you can make a delicious, low-calorie pizza.
- On a pizza dough made with whole wheat flour, put a layer of fried tomato.
- Then, make a sofrito with chopped tomato, red and green pepper, and onion, a pinch of salt, basil and pepper. It is preferable that the sauce is not overcooked, so that the vegetables retain their vitamin C.
- Spread the sofrito over the pizza dough and add cheese and oregano.
- To finish bake until the desired cooking.
2. Fruit salad rich in vitamin C
This recipe, besides being very simple, it is perfect to get extra intake of antioxidants and vitamin C.
- First, chop oranges, guavas, and pineapple.
- Add orange, lemon and honey juice to sweeten.
3. Sauteed vegetables
- To make this preparation, julienne a red pepper, a green pepper, a piece of pumpkin and an onion. On the other hand, peel two potatoes, cut them into sheets and cook them.
- Once cooked, mix everything in an appropriate container and season with soy sauce, optional pinch of salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, tarragon, nutmeg and olive oil.
- Finally, sauté briefly with extra virgin olive oil.
4. Radish salad
Another recipe rich in vitamin C is this radish salad. It is a simple preparation that, in turn, has antioxidants and minerals that are key to promoting well-being.
- To make it, start by cutting the washed lettuce and putting it in a container.
- Then add the radishes cut into slices.
- On the other hand, cut the red pepper and add it.
- Then season with lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
5. Vegetable wok
Foods rich in vitamin C include red bell peppers, green peppers and carrots; so a good way to enjoy these ingredients in a tasty and delicious way is to make a vegetable wok.
To make this recipe you need these ingredients:
- 1 red pepper.
- 2 carrots
- 1 aubergine.
- Soy sauce.
- 1 zucchini
- 1/2 onion
- 1 green pepper.
- The first thing you have to do is wash all the vegetables and cut them into thin strips.
- When you have it ready add a jet of oil in the wok.
- Then add, firstly, the onion and carrot and when you think they are golden, add the rest of the vegetables. You should skip it all for a couple of minutes.
- Straighten the salt point and add a little soy sauce to dress this recipe.
6. Spinach and white bean omelet
Leafy green vegetables are very rich in vitamin C, as well as legumes. Therefore, a recipe rich in vitamin C is the one that we offer below.
- 300 grams of fresh spinach
- 200 grams of cooked white beans
- 2 eggs
- The first thing you should do is bring the spinach to a boil. To do this, put a little water in a pot and when it begins to boil add the spinach.
- After 10 minutes you remove them from the heat and drain them pressing hard to extract the excess water.
- The beans may already be cooked, but if you prefer that they are dry, you should soak them the day before and then boil them.
- Once you have the beans and spinach ready, you will have to beat the eggs adding both ingredients to the mixture. Add salt and, if you want, you can add a pinch of pepper.
- You have to beat until the egg is frothy and the ingredients have been mixed. Then put a little oil in a pan and when it is hot pour the mixture.
- Let it be done on one side and then flip the omelet over to finish.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.