Thanks to its oily texture, olive oil can help us control dry dandruff while protecting against infections and restoring the pH of the hair. Learn about other effective remedies.
Dandruff is one of the problems that can affect the scalp. This time in our space, we focus on some home remedies to combat dry dandruff, the one that occurs in conditions of capillary dehydration.
On the other hand, there is also dandruff that is caused by excess fat production, called seborrhea dandruff. Regardless, this condition is characterized by the formation of small white scales, which can be noticed at the roots and along the hair.
Fortunately, in addition to the commercial products they sell for its treatment, there are low-cost home remedies that can effectively combat it without causing adverse effects.
Dry dandruff not only makes hair look bad, but it causes irritation and itching in the area, making it exasperating for those who suffer from it.
Therefore, in this article, we want to review some of its causes and several natural solutions to alleviate it in a short time.
Why does dry dandruff occur?
The appearance of dry dandruff can be the product of several factors. However, its main cause is the overgrowth of fungi such as FM (Prosperity oval), which is found naturally on the skin.
- These types of microorganisms produce an alteration in the pH of the scalp, altering the natural oils that keep it moisturized.
- This, added to the irritation, triggers an itch that tends to get worse as days go by.
It is believed that some external and internal factors can lead to the infection that causes this problem. The most common are:
- Nervous system disorders (stress, anxiety or states of tension)
- Hormonal imbalances
- Skin diseases
- Use of aggressive hair dyes, lacquers or products
- Micro-inflammations of the skin
- Genetic predisposition
- Exposure to polluted environments
Symptoms of dry dandruff
While seborrheic dandruff produces yellowish crusts, dry dandruff causes fine white flakes that can fall all over hair and clothing.
Other symptoms include:
- Tenderness and itching of the scalp
- Dirty and dry appearance
- Redness of the scalp
Home remedies to combat dry dandruff
The antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties of some home remedies can facilitate the treatment of dry dandruff, managing its symptoms effectively.
They are solutions free of aggressive chemicals, which can be used regularly without causing damage to the hair.
1. Aloe Vera
The gel contained in aloe Vera leaves is one of the moisturizing products that can help fight dry dandruff and counteract the discomfort caused by it.
In this sense, its nutrients restore the pH of the scalp. Therefore, they help to loosen the small white flakes that accumulate at the roots.
How to use?
- First, extract a good amount of aloe Vera gel and rub it all over your scalp and hair.
- Then, cover the head with a shower cap and let it work for 30 minutes.
- Then, after this time, rinse with cold water and let it dry in the open air.
- Repeat its use every day until the dandruff is completely eliminated.
2. Apple cider vinegar
This product of organic origin is one of the best solutions to combat dry dandruff. Well, it does not produce alterations in the production of oils. And, in addition, it helps to stop the growth of fungi and bacteria on the scalp.
How to use?
- Combine equal parts organic apple cider vinegar with distilled water.
- Then spray it all over your hair.
- Then let it act for 40 minutes and then rinse.
3. Olive oil
Due to its oily texture, olive oil is a great solution to stop that unsightly flaking caused by dandruff.
This product hydrates the roots and helps to restore the normal pH of the hair. Likewise, its application relieves dryness, calms sensitivity and protects against infections.
How to use?
- First, heat the olive oil to a temperature suitable for its application.
- Then, separate the hair into several strands and apply the ingredient from the roots to the ends.
- Then, let it act for 30 minutes and rinse it with plenty of water.
- Use it at least 3 times a week.
4. Honey from bees
Considered one of the best natural hair treatments, honey has antimicrobial and antifungal compounds that are effective in fighting dry dandruff.
How to use it?
- Rub a generous amount of honey all over the scalp and hair.
- Then, let it act for 30 minutes and rinse with plenty of warm water.
- Use it 2 or 3 times a week.
So, do you have an itchy scalp? Do you notice little white flakes in your hair? If you have dandruff, feel free to try these natural solutions.
About The Author
VirallyMedia Editorial Staff
Our team of expert writers and researchers are dedicated to bringing you the latest trends, news, and best practices in various fields, including but not limited to business, technology, health, lifestyle, entertainment, and more. We strive to create informative and engaging content that is easy to understand and relevant to your needs.